Filmed on Saturday, December 2, 2017
- Blanket MAL 2017 – Make along throughout 2017 for making blankets. Check out the thread on Ravelry for details!
- Christmas Bazaars and Craft Fairs – Went to a ton of them a few weekends ago. There were so many going on the same day that my mom and I went to 4 craft shows and drove past a fifth in just my small town and a bit of the next town over. It was amazing. Most of them were church basements, but the coolest one is one we went to on a whim after I saw something come up online. In Bristol, CT, there’s a Carousel Museum that has space that can be rented out for events, so this Christmas Craft Fair rented out the museum for the weekend and it was super cool. There were tables right in among the exhibits on the first floor and there’s a big mostly empty room upstairs where a bunch of vendors were located. It was just such a surreal, whimsical thing.
- Friendsgiving – Got together with some friends for a Thanksgiving dinner which was great.
- Thanksgiving – Great, as always. We didn’t do an intentional theme this year, just tweaked a few of the vegetables’ recipes. It only ended up being four of us for dinner itself and then Gabby and her boyfriend and the dogs came over for pie.
- Classic Squid Fiber Co samples – Turtle Made Turkish Spindle
- Basic Hat and Mittens 2 Needles (mittens) by Patons – Silver Reed LK 150 – hand dyed cormo, worsted weight
- Snowflake Hat by Patons , Silver Reed LK 150 – handdyed cormo, Foxhill Farms natural brown cormo
- Mystery Fleece Spin – Hitchhiker wheel
- Destash Pumpkin spin – Turtle Made Turkish Spindle
- Leftovers from carding practice – Turtle Made Turkish Spindle
- Alpaca Obsession – natural black – part of my alpaca shawl spin project
- Halloween Strip Quilts
- Strip Squares – Squares sashed together, pending borders
- Simple shawl design for knitting machine – Asymmetrical shawl – Blue Ridge Yarns Kaleidescope in the Halloween colors and some Plymouth Galway Worsted in Black
- Black Friday weekend sale at JoAnn Fabrics – an absurd amount of fat quarters, remnants, and ½ yard cuts
- Little wooden house ornament from the CT Woodcarvers Guild
Stuff I’m Listening To:
- The Millenium Falcon by James Luceno narr by Marc Thompson
- Outbound Flight by Timothy Zahn narr by Jonathan Davis
- Homecoming – A psychological thriller from Gimlet Media, starring Catherine Keener, Oscar Isaac, and David Schwimmer.
- Eos10 – The stories of two maladjusted doctors and their medical team aboard an intergalactic travel hub on the edges of deep space — along with a deposed prince who’s claimed the foodcourt kitchen as his new throne.
- Iron Fist (Netflix with the descriptive audio turned on)
Stuff I’m Reading:
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by John Tiffany & Jack Thorne
Come join the Freakish Lemon Video Podcast group on Ravelry
Follow me as freakishlemon Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Ravelry
Please remember to Subscribe on YouTube to be notified when I post new episodes