Filmed on Tuesday, December 19th
- Blanket MAL 2017 – Make along throughout 2017 for making blankets. Check out the thread on Ravelry for details!
- Office Move – OK with the new building now that I’ve been there a few times and I’ve found my spots to take breaks and eat lunch. Still a little stressed about parking because it’s monthly and the payment system from work was just set up, so I need to check with the parking folks next week when I need to pick up the January window card. Bleh.
- Hands – Good news! My EMG came back negative, so there’s no nerve damage in my hands. I still have to rest them a lot, but I’ve been given the green light to do a little knitting. My hands do get tired easily, so I’m making myself listen to my body and when I need to put the knitting down so that I don’t hurt myself again.
- St. Nicholas needle felt from Going Gnome kit
- Alpaca Obsession – natural black – part of my alpaca shawl spin project
- Simple shawl design for knitting machine – Asymmetrical shawl – Blue Ridge Yarns Kaleidescope in the Halloween colors and some Plymouth Galway Worsted in Black
- Mystery Fleece Spin – Hitchhiker wheel
- Weaving Project – Finished strip 3 with hand dyed yarn by me and Once Upon a Corgi “Frosted Cranberries”, started strip 4 with Sincere Sheep Tenacious 100% SW Merino in the “Up and Down Button” colorway and some very old handspun by me
- Dwarven Mittens by Ginger Monkey Knits – Plymouth Homestead Tweed in grey – US 3/3.25 mm needles
- Granny Stripe Blanket (NEW) with fingering scraps held double with black – size G/4.25 mm
Stuff I’m Watching:
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – no spoilers, I enjoyed myself in the theater, I think some things could be more polished and some of the writing is not my favourite, but it’s an okay movie. I do need to see it again in order to really dig into it. If you want to tell me what you thought of it, please comment below but no spoilers so that we don’t accidentally spoil anyone else. If you want a spoilery chat about it, send me a PM on Rav or Instagram and we’ll chat there.
- Star Wars: Rebels season 4 – Finally remembered to buy the new season of Rebels and I’ve started in on that. I love that show.
- The Midnight Quilt Show – a 15-ish minute quilting show on YouTube put on by Craftsy. It’s a funny show with some great simple-to-make-impressive-looking-quilts and Angela Walters is a fantastic host.
Stuff I’m Listening To:
- Outbound Flight by Timothy Zahn narr by Jonathan Davis
- Iron Fist (Netflix with the descriptive audio turned on)
- The Defenders (Netflix with the description audio turned on)
- The Drowning Girl by Caitlin R. Kiernan narr by Suzy Jackson
Stuff I’m Reading:
- The Last of the Jedi: Dark Warning by Jude Watson
- And the Next by ienablu – Jyn looks to the disappearing horizon and thinks, The Force is with me, I am one with the Force. The Force is with me, I am one with the Force. The Force is strong with me, I am –Jyn wakes up in her Wobani prison cell, panting and a scream dying in her throat.
- Here Comes Another One by croatoanmary – Teenage Sirius Black in Cornwall in the UK texts the wrong number and connects with Canadian teen Remus Lupin. It’s super cute and hilarious.
- Leo Inter Serpentes by Aeternum – Finally got around to catching up with Year 6 of this fic — it’s one of those Harry-gets-sorted-into-Slytherin fics where Snape ends up adopting him. It’s one of the first ones I’d read and kind of started me down the obsession with reading all those types of fics.
Come join the Freakish Lemon Video Podcast group on Ravelry
Follow me as freakishlemon Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Ravelry
Please remember to Subscribe on YouTube to be notified when I post new episodes