Filmed on Sunday, November 12, 2017
- Blanket MAL 2017 – Make along throughout 2017 for making blankets. Check out the thread on Ravelry for details! Also, please see last episode for Q3 prize winners! I haven’t heard from either of the physical prize winners yet. If I don’t hear from you by the next episode, I’ll be redrawing prizes.
- Prize Redraw for Q3
- Haldecraft Handdyed and Notions Kit – post 359 Angeiship – Andrea
- Dyenamixx Yarns and mini-skeins – post 251 kathy345 – Kathy
- Phone – No voicemail, all problems. Ended up having to reset my phone and I’m still working out the kinks on setting everything back up.
- Hands – Improving! Less twinging with hand sewing type things and I can spin again!
- Work – We’re coming up on the office move, which is super stressful. Trying to get my physical environment sorted and ready to move and trying to arrange parking. Parking is 95% sorted, but I won’t feel relaxed about it until I actually have the parking pass in my hands.
- New England Fiber Fest – I attended NEFF on Sunday, Nov 5th. I love this fiber festival – it’s probably my favourite of the ones that we attend. It’s a great selection of things and it’s super chill.
- Mystery Fleece Spin – Hitchhiker wheel
- Cormo Sweater Spin – Ashford Kiwi 2
- Alpaca Spin – elm drop spindle
- Classic Squid Fiber Co samples – Turtle Made Turkish Spindle
- Destash Pumpkin spin – Turtle Made Turkish Spindle
- Weaving project – 3rd rectangle
- Basic Hat and Mittens 2 Needles by Patons – Silver Reed LK 150 – hand dyed cormo, worsted weight
- Halloween Strip Quilts
- Candy Stripe quilt
- Strip Squares
- New England Fiber Festival Haul
- Classy Squid Fiber Co
- “The Raven King” batt – Corrie/Polypay fleece, black alpaca, mulberry silk, angelina sparkle
- “All the Mirrors of the World” batt – BFL, mohair, muga silk, tussah noil, firestar, carbonized bamboo, angelina
- Shetland braid – “Blue Wood”
- Skirted Fleece Mill – 8 oz braid merino/tussah silk “Watermelon”
- A Hundred Ravens – Aesir base (sport 100% merino) “I Am Fire I Am Death”
- Going Gnome – St. Nicholas kit
- Lanart – Gallant Goat
- Classy Squid Fiber Co
Stuff I’m Listening To:
- The Last Command (The Thrawn Trilogy Bk3) by Timothy Zahn narr by Marc Thompson
- The Millenium Falcon by James Luceno narr by Marc Thompson
Stuff I’m Reading:
- By Baker Street Station, I Sat Down and Wept by Deco
- Petunia Dursley has trouble: she’s lost her family, she’s going crazy, she can do magic (but not always), her suitors are a mixed bag (operative word) & people keep trying to take her children away from her. They should be very afraid. (Not only a) Double Severitus. WARNING: Not what you expected.
- I honestly haven’t run into very many Petunia-centric fanfics and this one is a really good one. She’s still very Petunia – nosy, opinionated, and shrewd – but this is a Petunia that realized very early on in her marriage that she was not happy, Vernon is a terrible person, and Harry Potter is the only person left alive from her extended family. This Petunia was admittedly extremely jealous of her sister and the world she got to be a part of, but even as she hates Lily, she still loved her.
- This Petunia is an incredibly strong character and is admirably headstrong and stubborn and sensible through an incredible series of strange happenings and dealing with ridiculous people.
- Also, sensible, stubborn Petunia Dursley dealing with the wizarding world directly is a gem. Seriously. Her common sense and her personal understanding of human nature is brilliant when up against such figures as Albus Dumbledore, Dobby the House Elf, and Sirius Black.
Come join the Freakish Lemon Video Podcast group on Ravelry
Follow me as freakishlemon Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Ravelry
Please remember to Subscribe on YouTube to be notified when I post new episodes