Filming on 8/13/17
- Blanket MAL 2017 – Started Jan 1st! There is a chatter/encouragement thread up in the Ravelry group and I’m planning on pulling prizes once a quarter for this MAL. #2017BlanketMAL
- #sithandspin – June 1st to August 31st! Spin on whatever as you turn to the Dark Side with your favourite Star Wars media.
- Giveaway! Go over to the Ravelry thread and answer the prompt: What yarny adventures or projects are you looking forward to in the coming season?
- Hands – They are improving. Work has been exacerbating the issue with lots of repetitive hand movements this week, which has been annoying, but I’m trying to take care of them and working on my patience.
- Puppy Time – My parents were on vacation this past week, so my brothers and I were on our own. This meant lots of puppy time for me. Penny has particular people that she sticks to. Mom is Number One and she doesn’t like to leave Mom alone when she’s home, but Dad and I are pretty closely tied for Number Two, depending on the day and if Dad is cooking that day. I mean, she loves my brothers, but she’s not too fussed when they come and go.
- Afterthought Everything Socks – Legacy Fiber Artz Advent Calendar colorway – US 0/2.0 mm needles
- Akiko by Regina Moessmer – Lion Brand Scarfie (78/22 Acrylic/Wool) in 201 Cream Black – US 7/4.5 mm and US 8/5.0 mm needles
- Marled Magic Shawl by Stephen West – Scrap fingering and handspun – US 6/4.0 mm
- Dwarven Mittens by Ginger Monkey Knits – Plymouth Yarn Homestead Tweed – US 3/3.25 mm
- Rice Fields by Lady in Yarn – Legacy Fiber Artz Snazzy Toes “Mary Sanderson”, Legacy Fiber Artz Steeley Toes “Winnie Sanderson” and “Spellbook”, Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light black – US 3/3.25 mm
- Scrap granny squares – Hook US H/5.00 mm
- Lock spinning with my collection of cotswald, mohair, and wendsleydale locks
- Hedgehog Fibers Silk Hankies – drop spindling
- Halloween Quilt edge scraps project bag
- Button down shirt pattern and prep
- Simplicity 1544 Mens shirt pattern
- McCall’s M6044 Mens shirt pattern
- 3 yards grey cotton
- 3 yards plaid cotton
- Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Sport in Hollyberry and Dove Heather- Christmas Sweater~~ Star Wars Sweater by Natalie Meredith
- Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Sport in Aurora Heather and Dove Heather – Soooo deadcatwithaflamethrower (who is a fanfic author and an original work published author who I follow) has been dragging me kicking and screaming back into the mire of HP fandom a bit and I’ve been feeling some Slytherin pride while reading her (epic) fics Swung by Serafim and Of a Linear Circle. I had made a Slytherin scarf when I first started knitting with some Red Heart Super Saver and I think Caron Simply Soft, but this was really before I knew anything about anything. There aren’t even any ends woven in on this thing, just knots where the colors change and I knit it in a tube so I didn’t have to deal with the ends. It’s about time to remake this project so that I have some actually wearable Slytherin stuff come winter.
- Once Upon a Corgi – Poe Club – Oliver Base (SW Merino single) – Tomorrow I Shall Be Fetterless
- HopeSick.Com enamel pins – McDonald’s Nugget Buddies Halloween and Horror from the Pagemaster
Stuff I’m Listening To:
- Two months ago, Wren woke up covered in blood, suffering from memory loss, and surrounded by the remnants of some strange cult ritual. SPINES is the story of her search for answers, and the deadly, powerful people she encounters along the way.
Stuff I’m Watching:
- Game of Thrones
- Sense8 Season 2
Stuff I’m Reading:
- Heir to the Empire ( The Thrawn Trilogy Bk 1) by Timothy Zahn (audio) narr by Marc Thompson
- Dark Force Rising (The Thrawn Trilogy Bk2) by Timothy Zahn (audio) narr by Marc Thompson
- The Edgar Allan Poe Audio Collection (audio) narr by Vincent Price and Basil Rathbone
Fanfic Recommendation –
- Harry Potter and the Problem of Potions by Wyste
- Once upon a time, Harry Potter hid for two hours from Dudley in a chemistry classroom, while a nice graduate student explained about the scientific method and interesting facts about acids. A pebble thrown into the water causes ripples.Contains, in no particular order: magic candymaking, Harry falling in love with a house, evil kitten Draco Malfoy, and Hermione attempting to apply logic to the wizarding world.
Come join the Freakish Lemon Video Podcast group on Ravelry
Follow me as freakishlemon Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Ravelry
Please remember to Subscribe on YouTube to be notified when I post new episodes