Filmed on Sunday, July 30th 2017
- Blanket MAL 2017 – Started Jan 1st! There is a chatter/encouragement thread up in the Ravelry group and I’m planning on pulling prizes once a quarter for this MAL. #2017BlanketMAL
- #sithandspin – June 1st to August 31st! Spin on whatever as you turn to the Dark Side with your favourite Star Wars media.
- Heat Wave and Cool Down – It’s been so hooooottttttttt. D: But then it rained for a few days and went from 90+ degrees F (32.2 C) to about 60 degrees F (16.5), which was a m a z i n g
- Hands – Hurt my hands and ended up having to rest them. Still not 100% – they get sore and tired easily still. Gotta work on my patience because I think I’m pushing too hard on good days. I’ve been trying to remember to stretch my hands and my hands have been getting their own warm baths lately, which I’m finding to be incredibly helpful.
- Craft Party – A couple of my friends had a birthday recently and they had a craft party where they brought a bunch of beading stuff and craft kits to just make whatever while we sat around talking and watching Pride and Prejudice. It was super chill and really nice to just hang out and do crafts with friends. I ended up making some stitch markers, which are a lot nicer than any other stitch markers I’ve made because Erin has much nicer materials for beadwork than I do. These will go on my sweater project once I’m done filming the podcast.
- (And Erin has so many nice materials because she sells jewlery in her Etsy shop GEEKandFANCY )
- Printer Furniture – Ended up rearranging some furniture in my bedroom again, which is what happens when I feel like I don’t have control, which is flaring up due to not being able to knit/crochet/spin as much as I normally can. I finally tossed this old nightstand that my printer was on – the particle board started splitting about 15 years ago and I just kept patching it up with electrical tape. I have these two little 2-cube shelves that I stole from a younger brother when he finished college, so I took my little packing station and the other one and put them together for a little printer shelf thing.
- Jyn Erso socks – Must Stash Yarns “Rogue One” Self-Striping – US 0/2.0 mm needles
- Afterthought Everything Socks – Legacy Fiber Artz Advent Calendar colorway – US 0/2.0 mm needles
- Akiko by Regina Moessmer – Lion Brand Scarfie (78/22 Acrylic/Wool) in 201 Cream Black – US 7/4.5 mm and US 8/5.0 mm needles
- Dye Day with Mom – Mom bought a dye kit from The Woolery because she’s getting into yarn dyeing (I will let you know when she starts her Etsy shop) and she and I played with some over-dyeing. She had a skein that she had dyed that wasn’t what she was looking for and I have a few skeins left from the Great Dye Experiment of August 2015 that no longer work for me and the skein of cormo that I bought to dye specifically.
- Red overdye skein
- Blue overdye skein
- Green overdye skein
- Cormo – yellow/orange/red dye
- Weaving – I warped my 10” Cricket rigid heddle loom for double width fabric. It’s definitely interesting and I’ve got the rhythm for it down now, but it’s going to take a long time to finish.
- Hedgehog Fibers Silk Hankies – drop spindling
- Lock spinning with my collection of cotswald, mohair, and wendsleydale locks
- Halloween Quilt update – Pioneer Blankets pattern from The Weekend Quilter !!
- Village Wool haul
- Classic Elite Yarns Mohawk Wool in Fog – 2 skeins to put towards a sweater with the other 4 skeins of Black that I have
- Classic Elite Yarns Mountaintop Blackthorn – 13 skeins – Bulky weight yarn, but I have to use smaller needles than what patterns usually call for anyway, so I might swatch for a worsted weight sweater pattern and just adjust the sizing
- Once Upon a Corgi – ASoUE club – Audrey base 80/20 SW BFL/nylon – Snow Scout
- Once Upon a Corgi – Edgar Allen Poe club – I did purchase this club, so I’m forewarning you that I will be receiving those club colorways. And, since Gabby is my sister, I may be receiving these before they get mailed out, so I may be showing them on the podcast before you get them if you’ve also purchased the club. I didn’t hear anything from anyone about me showing the ASoUE club colorways, but ASoUE is more niche than the late great Edgar Allen Poe. Just wanted you to be aware.
Stuff I’m Listening To:
- Catching up on audio podcasts that I let lapse — Mabel, The Magnus Archives, Alba Salix: Royal Physician, HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast, Archive 81
- Binge listening to new audio podcasts —
- The Strange Case of the Starship Iris
- In 2189, Earth narrowly won a war against extraterrestrials, but at a tremendous price. Two years later, in a distant patch of space, a mysterious explosion kills nearly the entire crew of the science vessel Starship Iris. The only survivor is Violet Liu, an intrepid, sarcastic, terrified biologist. But as Violet struggles to readjust to life after the Iris, questions abound. Was that explosion really an accident? If not, just what is going on? And why does every answer seem to get more bizarre and more dangerous? If Violet and her newfound allies want to untangle the truth, they’ll need courage, brilliance, and luck – and honestly, a couple of drinks.
- Oak Podcast
- Podcast from the point of view of some kind of military or intelligence agent who woke up after her employers faked her death, so she’s homeless and living on the street and trying to lay low and find out what happened to her partner
- The Girl Who Set Out to Seek a Living Wage
- “The Girl Who Set Out to Seek a Living Wage” is a two-part fairy tale about a young woman on a quest through retail in search of her fortune, only to find it’s being hoarded by truly terrible beasts – corporate executives! It’s gay, it’s fun, and it’s full of fairy tale justice for the frustrated millennial.
- The Blood Crow Stories
- A serialized horror fiction podcast. Season 1 – The SS Utopia.
- The Black Tapes
- The Black Tapes is a bi-weekly podcast from Pacific Northwest Stories and Minnow Beats Whale, and is hosted by Alex Reagan. The Black Tapes is a serialized docudrama about one journalist’s search for truth, her enigmatic subject’s mysterious past, and the literal and figurative ghosts that haunt them both.
- The Strange Case of the Starship Iris
Stuff I’m Watching:
- Game of Thrones
- The Gay Wondrous Life of Caleb Gallo YouTube series
- Aditi Mittal: Things They Wouldn’t Let Me Say
- Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King
Stuff I’m Reading:
- Heir to the Empire ( The Thrawn Trilogy Bk 1) by Timothy Zahn (audio) narr by Marc Thompson
- Dreams from the Witch House – Dark Regions Press
Fanfic Recommendation –
- Descanso by catsaremyboyfriend
- (no summary)
- After the events of Logan and Laura’s confident that the new mutants will be okay without her and goes looking for Sabretooth. She finds him. Two disgruntled feral mutants try to live their lives.
- Ongoing, currently 10 chapters
Come join the Freakish Lemon Video Podcast group on Ravelry
Follow me as freakishlemon Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Ravelry
Please remember to Subscribe on YouTube to be notified when I post new episodes!