Filmed on Sunday, July 9th, 2017
- Blanket MAL 2017 – Started Jan 1st! There is a chatter/encouragement thread up in the Ravelry group and I’m planning on pulling prizes once a quarter for this MAL. #2017BlanketMAL
- Second Quarter Prizes!
- Digital Prize goes to post# 38 finers4 (Megan)! – A Ravelry pattern of your choice up to $10 USD from RoMillet
- Physical Prize Package goes to post # 279 filipamc (Filipa)!
- Groovy Hues Fibers – 75/25 SW Merino/Nylon – “I’ve Got Batik in My Belfry!” from the package from Sherry
- Constellation project bag and stitch markers from Shanea from Fates Thread on Etsy
- Second Quarter Prizes!
- #sithandspin – June 1st to August 31st! Spin on whatever as you turn to the Dark Side with your favourite Star Wars media.
- Announcing Prizes!
- Into the Whirled – 80/10/10 SW Merino/Cashmere/Nylon “Possumhaw”
- Darth Scabrous spinning fluffs
- 2 #sithandspin gradient batts totalling 106 g/3.6 oz
- Announcing Prizes!
- Hands – Hurt my hands and ended up having to rest them. Still not 100% – they get sore and tired easily still, so the crafting in this episode is a little bit more focused on other crafting areas than usual
- Gabby Move! – Helped my sister Gabby/@onceuponacorgi move last weekend, which was good. Spent the most time just getting stuff out of her apartment because of those stairs. The new place was really easy to move into and it’s a great apartment.
- Craft Room – Doing a smidge of reorganizing because that’s how my brain copes with life and it’s about time to make adjustments since I’ve been in the space and actively using it for a while now. Stole a kitchen island cart thing from Gabby who won’t be using it and it ended up at our house, so it’s my drum carding station now.
- 3 Color Cashmere Shawl by – Legacy Fiber Artz in Winnie Sanderson, Mary Sanderson, and Spellbook — Reskeined and going back into the stash except for the little minis from the start of the shawl. Haven’t touched this project since October and it just wasn’t singing to me anymore.
- Boba Fett socks – Must Stash Yarns “Boba Fett” Self-Striping – US 0/2.0 mm needles
- Jyn Erso socks – Must Stash Yarns “Rogue One” Self-Striping – US 0/2.0 mm needles
- Dwarven Mittens by Ginger Monkey Knits – Plymouth Yarn Homestead Tweed in Grey – US 3/3.25 mm needles
- Akiko by Regina Moessmer – Lion Brand Scarfie (78/22 Acrylic/Wool) in 201 Cream Black – US 7/4.5 mm and US 8/5.0 mm needles
- Marled Magic Shawl by Stephen West – lots of bits of handspun and leftover yarns – US 6/4.00 mm
- HDC Worsted Weight Scrap Blanket – many wool scraps from DK to bulky weight – US H/5.00 mm hook
- Brown cormo sweater spin with cormo from Marsh Mallo Farms and Clabber Glynn Farm on Ashford Kiwi 2
- Magic skein of leftover singles on the Ashford Kiwi 2
- Mystery Fleece spin on the Hitchhiker Wheel
- Bits of scrap fluffs from carding on my Turtle Made Turkish spindle
- Star Wars cross stitch by Dinosaur Spaceship on Etsy
- Aurebesh Sampler from AdLeones on Etsy
- Hawkeye Quilt – Finished!!
- Halloween Quilt update – Pioneer Blankets pattern from The Weekend Quilter
- Hedgehog Fibers silk hankies from Gabby’s destash
- Heddles for my Cricket rigid heddle loom – going to try a warping/weaving technique that will give me 20” wide fabric instead of the 10” that my loom is
Stuff I’m Watching:
- A Place in the Middle – Eleven year old Ho’onani dreams of leading the hula troupe at her inner-city Honolulu school. The only trouble is that the group is just for boys. She’s fortunate that her teacher understands first-hand what it’s like to be “in the middle” – the Hawaiian tradition of embracing both male and female spirit. Together they set out to prove that what matters most is what’s in your heart.
- American Gods on Starz
- Kesha’s new single “Praying”
Stuff I’m Reading:
- Last of the Jedi: Dark Warning by Jude Watson
- Knit One Girl Two by Shira Glassman
- Tarkin by James Luceno (audio) narr by Euan Morton
- Heir to the Empire ( The Thrawn Trilogy Bk 1) by Timothy Zahn (audio) narr by Marc Thompson
Fanfic Recommendation –
- Hands of Clay by Mhalachai
- James Barnes leads a busy life as a single working father in New York. But when his childhood best friend Steve Rogers falls back into his life, James will have to re-learn what love, friendship and and family are really all about.
Come join the Freakish Lemon Video Podcast group on Ravelry
Follow me as freakishlemon Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Ravelry
Please remember to Subscribe on YouTube to be notified when I post new episodes