Filmed on Sunday February 11, 2018
- 2018 Blanket MAL! There’s a thread up on Rav for photos and discussion, so please join us there as you work on blankets.
- Quilt Along! There’s been some interest in having a quilt along, so I wanted to throw some more ideas out there to get people thinking about it.
- Time Frame: March 2018 – September 2018 – 6 months
- Quilt size: smallest side 3 ft/36”/92 cm
- Quilt top pattern: Half Square Triangles – The entire quilt does not have to be half square triangles, but half square triangles should be a feature. I created a Pinterest board with some cool ideas.
- Quilting: No rules about the actual quilting! Long arm, machine, by hand, or tie quilting is all welcome.
- Link HERE to Jacqueline/Brooklyn Knitfolk’s quilt along tutorials
- Work – Past couple of weeks have been crazy with system crashes and the phones being down
- Weather – Ice and flurries. The flurries are nice, but the ice is crazy. Hopefully most of it will melt today so we’re not sliding around all over.
- Laundry Tube Socks – Addi Express Pro – woolen spun mystery fleece – a little tight on my feet, so I probably won’t be making any other house socks or slippers for me on this until I can manage short rows without dropping stitches
- Weaving Project – Strip 6 with hand-dyed yarn by me for the warp and Once Upon a Corgi “Murderer Attempts to Murder Murderer” as the weft
- Woven Sample Scarf – warped black and white with stripes on the ends (Cloudborn fingering weight in black and “Milk” from GnomeAcres Milk and Cookies skein set) – woven with approx 8” color blocks of Once Upon a Corgi yarns — mentioned Little Elephant Yarn
- Handspun striped sweater – Silver Reed LK 150 – Tramontane by Amy Herzog using her custom fit site – Classic Elite Yarns Mohawk wool and my own handspun out of a corriedale/finn/rambouillet wool from Spinners Hill – finished the front piece
- Free motion quilting practice squares using concepts from Quilting the Grid: Structured Free Motion with Christina Cameli on Craftsy
- Winter Wall quilt from The Weekend Quilter- started assembling the strips
- Cormo Sweater Spin – Ashford Kiwi 2 – worsted spin
- Classy Squid Fiber Co – All the Mirrors of the World – Hitchhiker wheel – woolen spun (long draw)
- Classy Squid Fiber Co – – Hitchhiker wheel – woolen spun (long draw and short forward draw)
- Pillow covers – scrap weaving – trimmed and interfaced my double weaving experiment
- Machine knit swatches –
- Fingering weight on smallest gauge “R” – really nice gauge for fingering weight – might do a swatch in my Green Mountain Spinnery for my sweater plans for that yarn
- Stripe swatch for the Slytherin scarf project – icord edges with the every other needle gauge – This doesn’t quite work as the row gauge for the edges and the center are different after blocking. What I think I’m going to do, which I saw on a machine knitting block post somewhere, is follow the stripe count in the pattern I found for the ribbed scarf and maybe add a few stitches to the cast on numbers and seam the edges together and block it flat.
- Semi-circle shawl swatches – changed up what I was doing with the short rows, equal short rows on either end of the wedge instead of making them directional. First swatch is a little wonky, second swatch looks really good.
Stuff I’m Watching:
- Round Rabbit Podcast by Nancy
- Han Solo: A Smuggler’s Trade – This stars Jamie Costa, who is an impressionist that I recognize from Vine compilations on Tumblr
Stuff I’m Listening To:
- Maul: Lockdown by Joe Schreiber (audio) narr by Jonathan Davis
Stuff I’m Reading:
- The Last of the Jedi #5 – The Tangled Web by Jude Watson
- Dreams from the Witch House
Come join the Freakish Lemon Video Podcast group on Ravelry
Follow me as freakishlemon Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Ravelry
Please remember to Subscribe on YouTube to be notified when I post new episodes