- 2018 Blanket MAL! There’s a thread up on Rav for photos and discussion, so please join us there as you work on blankets.
- Quilt Along!
- Time Frame: March 2018 – September 2018 – 6 months
- Quilt size: smallest side 3 ft/36”/92 cm
- Quilt top pattern: Half Square Triangles – The entire quilt does not have to be half square triangles, but half square triangles should be a feature. I created a Pinterest board with some cool ideas.
- Quilting: No rules about the actual quilting! Long arm, machine, by hand, or tie quilting is all welcome.
- Link HERE to Jaclyn/Brooklyn Knitfolk’s quilt along tutorials
- Podcast Show Format
- Nixing the “New Stuff” segment from the normal episodes of this podcast. At this point in my making, I’m trying to work through older stash and exploring new forms of making. Any new yarn coming is, in general, there to supplement what I already have. I’ll be talking about any new equipment pretty quickly after I get it, since I want to play with all the things. I don’t think the “New Stuff” segment is currently adding anything to the podcast.
- I’ll resurrect “New Stuff” for event hauls, like Rhinebeck and Yarn Crawls, since there’s value is showing what is available at events like this for folks who might be thinking of attending in the future.
- Also nixing “Life Stuff” as a routine segment. If I have things to talk about from my life, I’ll just talk about them throughout the podcast as it becomes relevant.
- Plain Weave Rectangular Pillow – 10” Schacht Cricket Loom – 12 dent heddle – warped at 108” – 2 seamed panels per side
- Shawl Scarf – Lion Brand Scarfie leftovers – st st rectangle on the LK150 – “killed” the acrylic with a hot iron and a wet pressing cloth
- ½ & ½ Machine Knit Shawl – Brother KH836e – dial tension 10, loose mast tension – Fresh From the Cauldron “Painting the Roses Red” graduated skein and
Cloudborn Fibers Highland Superwash Sock Twist in Black
- Lamp shade weaving – plain weave, 12 dent heddle, Cricket 10” loom – Knit Picks Stroll Hand-Painted “Train Station” tonal
- Lanyard out of wool tablet weaving – tried sewing it together, which worked, but the ends were uneven and it was really bothering me. I cut that bit off and needle felted the join, which feels and looks much better.
- Practice free motion quilting squares – done with all my practice squares. While my machine quilting is not the best, I definitely have a better handle on the free motion quilting foot and what designs I can get started with to build up those skills on actual quilts.
- Granny Stripe Blanket by Lucy/Attic24 – Size G/4.25mm hook marling Knit Picks Stroll Fingering in Black with a magic ball of Legacy Fiber Artz minis
- Marled Magic Shawl by Stephen West – US 6/4.0 mm – scrap yarns and old handspun
- Watermelon from Skirted Fleece Mill – Ashford Kiwi – 3 ply fractal spin
- Yardage for sewing project – plain weave, 12 dent heddle, Ashford 24” loom – a whole slew of grey and black yarns, Andre Sue Knits “Freakish Lemon” – See my Ravelry page for the full list of yarns
- Tablet weaving band from a chart in Card Weaving by Candace Crockett – Nazli Gelin Garden 3 in black, red, yellow, and white – on a tablet weaving loom from chuckjones on Etsy, which doesn’t appear to be a shop on that platform anymore
- Half Square Triangle Quilt – part of the HST QAL – I added the two borders to the quilt, cut out the batting, and sewed the backing piece. Nothing’s been basted together yet, but I’m hoping to get that sorted today.
- Slytherin Scarf – LK 150 dial tension 3, tension rod 5 – adapted from the scarf measurements and stripe repeats from Harry Potter Hogwarts House Scarf by Dovile Petra – Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Sport in Aurora Heather and Dove Heather – stockinette stitch double width to fold and seam instead of ribbing – I had to stop because I ran out of green, so I scrapped it off rather than leaving it on the floor while I wait for more yarn to come in.
- Fingering weight sweater blank sweater – KH836e – I’ve done all the calculations for this sweater, so I should be starting it soon and then I’m going to move on from this pattern for a while.
Stuff I’m Listening To:
- Missing & Murdered – Nonfiction podcast about investigating missing and murdered indigenous people
- Breakdances with Wolves – Nonfiction current events and discussion from Native Americans’ perspectives
- Lake Clarity – Fiction horror podcast about a “haunted” summer camp
- The Lost Cat – FIction horror podcast about a man looking for his cat
- A Scottish Podcast – Fiction humor/horror podcast about a former radio host starting a paranormal investigative podcast
- Aftershocks – Fiction horror podcast about a girl who has hallucinations as part of her schizoaffective disorder and is also being visited by ghosts
- A New Winter – Fiction horror podcast about a series of weird murders in a small British village
- Crossing Wires – Fiction podcast about people after the apocalypse told through snippets of radio signals
- The Deep Vault – Fiction horror podcast about a secret bunker and the horrifying experiments performed within. This is by the folks who put on Archive 81, so warnings for graphic audio body horror
- Jim Robbie and the Wanderers – Fiction, post apocalyptic podcast about the tales of two travelling musicians and a junk robot
Stuff I’m Reading:
- The Last of the Jedi: A Tangled Web by Jude Watson
Come join the Freakish Lemon Video Podcast group on Ravelry
Follow me as freakishlemon Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Ravelry
Please remember to Subscribe on YouTube to be notified when I post new episodes