- 2018 Blanket MAL! There’s a thread up on Rav for photos and discussion, so please join us there as you work on blankets.
- Quilt Along! It begins!
- Time Frame: March 2018 – September 2018 – 6 months
- Quilt size: smallest side 3 ft/36”/92 cm
- Quilt top pattern: Half Square Triangles – The entire quilt does not have to be half square triangles, but half square triangles should be a feature. I created a Pinterest board with some cool ideas.
- Quilting: No rules about the actual quilting! Long arm, machine, by hand, or tie quilting is all welcome.
- Link HERE to Jaclyn/Brooklyn Knitfolk’s quilt along tutorials
- Podcast Schedule – The past few episodes have been monthly, so I’m going to switch to a monthly schedule instead of a fortnightly schedule for a while. That puts less pressure on me to have content to talk about, especially since the crafting I am doing right now involves more planning that the crafting I was doing before my hand injuries.
- Hand Update – I’ve started occupational therapy for my hands, which right now is mostly nerve stretches and hand strengthening exercises. It has helped slow down the pain and has allowed me to do a little more hand-activity, but I’m still feeling pain in general. I’m meeting with my orthopedic doctor again this week, but if that doesn’t amount to anything, I’ll be setting up an appointment with a hand surgeon/specialist at the recommendation of my occupational therapist.
- Sample Tablet Weaving Band from Card Weaving by Candace Crockett – 2 smooth yarns (Nothbound Knitting “Lichen” and Gnome Acres “Milk”) and 1 grippy yarn (Knit Picks Pallette Black)
- Tramontane Sweater by Amy Herzog – handspun and Classic Elite Yarns Mohawk Wool – Silver Reed LK 150 – Done! But…
- Cowl neck poncho from schematics by Bren Boone (snerbyarn) – Leftover DK weight yarns from my 2017 Western CT Yarn Crawl Sweater plus Dyenamixx Yarns “The Peculiar Miss Peregrine” – tension rod 7, dial 5 – all stockinette and seamed on the machine
- Tuck Stitch Hat – LK150 tension 7 dial 6 – A Hundred Ravens Epona “Draco”
- ½ & ½ Triangle Shawl – LK 150 Dial 8, tension rod 7 – Worsted Weight – Knitologie “Groovy” and Plymouth Galway Worsted in Black – part of the shawl shapes design project
- Last Son of Krypton scarf – 12 dent heddle, warped with fingering weight yarns with vertical stripes, weft is handspun that I called The Last Son of Krypton. Plain weave.
- Quilted scrap strips – Leftover bits of batting and short strips sewn together
- Granny Stripe Blanket by Lucy/Attic24 – I’ve done a little bit of crocheting! Size G/4.25mm hook marling Knit Picks Stroll Fingering in Black with a magic ball of Legacy Fiber Artz minis
- Scarfie Sweater Blank by Renee Callahan – Lion Brand Scarfie – LK150 tension 7 dial 8 – swatched for gauge and am nearly done with the math to put this together. Doing the size Large with the Medium sized neck size.
- Quilted dust covers for my knitting machines
- Project inspiration from about 6 tote bags that I’d made years ago that have been sitting in the trunk of my car for years. I’d made them out of scrap denim and t-shirts, but since tote bags are the easiest thing to come by, these ones haven’t been used in a very long time. I cut them apart and recovered the denim to use as a backing for the dust covers. The denim is hardwearing and since all the pieces are from worn out jeans, it’s a great fabric to hold up to use and possibly get stained by any oils or lubricants I will use on these machines.
- Used the “jelly roll race quilt” technique for the top, which is to sew strips together, fold the super long strip in half, seam, and repeat. Only did this 2 or 3 times to get the right size, depending on the strip width.
- Quilted top onto scrap batting using walking foot.
- Star Wars Aurebesh Sampler Pattern by Adleones
- Free motion quilting practice squares
- Preliminary swatch for the Brother KH 836e
- Fabric swatches from Fabric.com
- Tilt stand for the Brother machine!
- Must Stash Yarn – The Last Jedi and Lando
Stuff I’m Watching:
- Jessica Jones – Season 2
- Deadpool 2
Stuff I’m Listening To:
- Dark Force Rising (Book 2 of the Thrawn Trilogy) by Timothy Zahn narr by Marc Thompson
- The Last Command (Book 3 of the Thrawn Trilogy) by Timothy Zahn narr by Marc Thompson
- Tanis – In the first episode of Tanis, our host, Nic Silver, wonders if the Internet age might contain one last great mystery, an ancient myth known as “Tanis.” His exploration into the enigmatic Tanis begins by asking the seemingly simple question, what is it? The answers, he soon discovers, are far more complicated.
- The Last Movie – Tanis podcast host Nic Silver and regular contributor MK, explore the possible existence of “The Last Movie,” an infamous underground feature film, reputed to drive you insane. Legend has it that every screening of this film was surrounded by bloodshed and controversy: one reviewer actually described slipping on blood in the aisle, as he ran through dozens of people trying to tear him apart.
- Rabbits – When Carly Parker’s friend Yumiko goes missing under very mysterious circumstances, Carly’s search for her friend leads her headfirst into a ancient mysterious game known only as Rabbits. Soon Carly begins to suspect that Rabbits is much more than just a game, and that the key to understanding Rabbits, might be the key to the survival of our species, and the Universe, as we know it.
- Mars Corp – MarsCorp is a 12-part scripted comedy podcast about Station Supervisor E.L. Hob’s first year at MarsCorp, a terraforming colony established on the red planet in 2070.
- Girl in Space – Abandoned on a dying ship in the farthest reaches of known space, a young scientist fights for survival (and patience with the on-board A.I.). Who is she? No one knows. But a lot of dangerous entities really want to find out.Listen biweekly as the story unfolds for science, guns, trust, anti-matter, truth, beauty, inner turmoil, and delicious cheeses.It’s all here. In space.
- Marsfall – Marsfall follows some of the earliest colonists to settle on Mars in the year 2047, and each episode continues the story from a different character’s perspective. Led by their fearless commander Jacki O’Rania, and assisted by the colonial artificial intelligence unit ANDI, they strive to make a home on the Red Planet while exploring its deeper mysteries. Balancing tension and humor, this sci-fi audio drama reinvents the radio play for the twenty-first century.
Stuff I’m Reading:
- Humans Wanted ed. Vivian Caethe
- Humans are tough. Humans can last days without food. Humans heal so quickly, they pierce holes in themselves or inject ink under their epidermis for fun. Humans will walk for days on broken bones in order to make it to safety. Humans will literally cut off bits of themselves if trapped by a disaster. You would be amazed what humans will do to survive. Or to ensure the survival of others they feel responsible for. That’s the other thing. Humans pack-bond, and they spill their pack-bonding instincts everywhere. Sure it’s weird when they talk sympathetically to broken spaceships or try to pet every lifeform that scans as non-toxic. It’s even a little weird that just existing in the same place as them for long enough seems to make them care about you. But if you’re hurt, if you’re trapped, if you need someone to fetch help? You really want a human. Twelve authors provide their perspectives on human ingenuity and usefulness as we try to find our place among the stars. From battletested to brokenhearted, humans are capable of amazing things. Humans Wanted shows not only what we are, but how awesome we can be.
- Ashlesha by Jer Keene (reread)
- From Ashes by Caedes12
- When Draco comes back for eighth year, he starts an unexpected friendship with Hermione Granger. Between his new friendship and his parents kicking him out of the house, Draco’s life starts down a new path.
- Secrets by Vorabiza (Biza)
- Beginning with Draco’s unexpected arrival at the Dursleys, Harry’s summer after sixth year becomes filled with activity and many secrets. As his summer progresses, Harry generates several unexpected allies as he finds himself actively becoming the leader of the Light side. H/D post-HBP ~~Complete~~
Come join the Freakish Lemon Video Podcast group on Ravelry
Follow me as freakishlemon Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Ravelry
Please remember to Subscribe on YouTube to be notified when I post new episodes