Filmed on April 1, 2018
- 2018 Blanket MAL! There’s a thread up on Rav for photos and discussion, so please join us there as you work on blankets.
- Quilt Along! It begins!
- Time Frame: March 2018 – September 2018 – 6 months
- Quilt size: smallest side 3 ft/36”/92 cm
- Quilt top pattern: Half Square Triangles – The entire quilt does not have to be half square triangles, but half square triangles should be a feature. I created a Pinterest board with some cool ideas.
- Quilting: No rules about the actual quilting! Long arm, machine, by hand, or tie quilting is all welcome.
- Link HERE to Jaclyn/Brooklyn Knitfolk’s quilt along tutorials
- Daylight Saving Time – We’re hit that time of year where many states in the US change the clocks forward an hour to preserve daylight and it’s kicking my ass.
- Rearranged the craft room… again
- Stitches United – Mom and I went on the Sunday for some poking around and shopping. It still seems small to me for a Stitches event, but they did pad out the marketplace floor with more quilt displays, which were really cool to check out.
- Color block weaving project – Assembled! Plain weave using a 12 dent heddle on my 10” cricket loom.
- Dwarven Mittens by Ginger Monkey Knits – US 3/3.25 mm Nova Cubics – Plymouth Yarn Homestead Tweed
- Fabric Dye Experiment
- Ended up having to rewash all the fabrics because when I went to soak the blue to re-dye, they bled like crazy. Ended up doing two hot-hot water baths in tubs and then rinsing in hot water in the sink until the water ran clear.
- Re-dyed the blue plaid and the brown/purple flowers with grey wash
- Winter Wall quilt from The Weekend Quilter- rows are assembled and trimmed, think this needs a border to finish off the top
- Half square triangle quilt – squares pieced and cut to form half square triangles, trimmed uneven edges and dog ears, chain pieced rows
- Tramontane Sweater by Amy Herzog – handspun and Classic Elite Yarns Mohawk Wool – Silver Reed LK 150 – finished sleeve
- Granny Log Cabin blanket – I don’t have the crochet hook information for these scrap squares, but it’s all worsted weight acrylic scraps – Log Cabin garter stitch borders are on the Silver Reed LK150 with the dial set to 5
- Scrap yarn pillow covers – Plain weave on the 10” cricket rigid heddle loom with a 12 dent reed – fingering weight yarns
- Sample tablet weaving from the Card Weaving by Candace Crockett book – Northbound Knitting “Lichen”, scrap white yarn, Knit Picks Palette black
- Intergalactic spinning kit from Classy Squid Fiber Co – finished spinning the galaxy batt singles
- Fingering held double vs plating
- Second swatch because I didn’t write down the dial settings
- Tuck stitch vs single color brioche
- Cables instead of rib + cable edging
- 3 stitch icord seam
- 2 stitch icord seam
- Destash black cotton fabric – approximately 9 yards
- Brother Ameno KH 836E – used on ebay, currently working on getting it operational
- Using methods from TheAnswerLady and AskJack
- Stitches United haul
- Muddled Colors Studio – fingering weight merino in Halloween
Stuff I’m Watching:
- A Stitch in Time (BBC show about historical garment recreation)
- Selling Houses with Sarah Beeny (BBC show about selling properties and home improvement)
- Angela Clayton on YouTube – historical clothing and costume – She came up in my feed with her 18th Century Striped Redingote, which is AMAZING.
- Talisa Tossell on YouTube – She talks about and demonstrates the properties of play slimes (the kind you make with glue), which I knew had become popular, but I didn’t know that it was popular enough to have Instagram fads and community
- Meghan Tonjes on YouTube – She’s a singer that I’ve talked about on here before, but she’s really putting her energy back into her music right now and just put up a whole bunch of cover songs on her channel.
- Rusty Lake – Rusty Lake is an independent video game company that has a series of escape-the-room surreal horror games. I started out playing some of their earlier games, but I wasn’t very good at them. They do have a YouTube channel with walkthroughs on their games, so I ended up watching a whole bunch of those.
Stuff I’m Listening To:
- From a Certain Point of View anthology (audiobook)
Stuff I’m Reading:
- Knitting Pattern Essentials: Adapting and Drafting Knitting Patterns for Great Knitwear by Sally Melville
- Reread the Jedi Shmi AU by MirandaTam
- Reread Back From the Future: Episode VI The Clone Wars by Ariel -Sojourner – Luke and Vader time travel sometime during RotJ back to the Clone Wars
- Heart of Kyber by esama – Jedi High Council forbids Anakin’s training – so Anakin makes his own.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi doesn’t exist in this universe until Anakin steals a holocron from the Jedi Temple and builds an android to access the data
- All That I Have Seen by Felilla
- She died in the Temple, staring into the face of a man that she once looked up to, a man that she once thought to be a great Jedi.She awoke in the Temple, years before that event took place. Years before everything went wrong. And she decided to make it right.
- This one is really interesting because it’s from the point of view of a Jedi that’s an original character and she’s a fantastic character.
Come join the Freakish Lemon Video Podcast group on Ravelry
Follow me as freakishlemon Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Ravelry
Please remember to Subscribe on YouTube to be notified when I post new episodes