Filming on Sunday 4/30/17
- Blanket MAL 2017 – Started Jan 1st! There is a chatter/encouragement thread up in the Ravelry group and I’m planning on pulling prizes once a quarter for this MAL. #2017BlanketMAL
- Craft Room – Thursday the room was measured for the new carpet!
- Library – Finally got moving on a library record system that I think I will be able to use and update easily. I was using LibraryThing.Com which is a great resource if you have mostly one type of book. I was using it to track physical books for a while, but it’s been over ten years since I’ve started that account, so my library is more varied between physical, digital, and audio books and I couldn’t figure out a good way to track that with LibraryThing. Now I have a spreadsheet in Google Drive, since I’m routinely in there for podcast and writing things.
- Stitches and CTS&W! – Went to Stitches United on Friday and Connecticut Sheep & Wool on Saturday and had a great time.
- International Tabletop Day – Went to my friends’ house on Saturday after the festival to play board games.
- Grand Central Socks – NYC Socks Collection from Mina Phillip – Junkyarns Smooth Socks (75/25 merino/nylon) “Rey” – US 0/2.0 mm
- Find Your Fade by Andrea Mowry – US 3/ 3.25 mm – Once Upon a Corgi “But It Could Kill You,” “His Name is Shirley,” and “Coconut Cream Cake,” Legacy Fiber Artz “Sweater Weather”, Voolenvine Yarns “Mooncusser”
- Anakin socks – Must Stash Yarns “Anakin” Self-Striping – US 0/2.0 mm needles
- Witch Hazel by Amy Christoffers from Berroco Tuscan Tweed #380 – Berroco Tuscan Tweed 65% Wool, 25% Viscose, 10% mohair in color 9034 – US 4/3.5mm and US 6/4mm
- Stitches United Haul
- Connecticut Sheep & Wool Haul
- Archive 81 – A podcast about horror, cities, and the subconscious.
- Alba Salix: Royal Physician
- Farloria’s Royal Physician has her work cut out for her. As head witch and the only regular staff member at the new House of Healing, Alba’s got an endless lineup of patients and a bickering King and Queen to please.Fortunately, help is on the way. Unfortunately, that help is from Magnus, a troublesome young ex-monk and aspiring surgeon, and Holly, an accident-prone fairy herbalist.
- The Magnus Archive
- The Magnus Archives is a weekly horror fiction anthology podcast examining what lurks in the archives of The Magnus Institute, an organisation dedicated to researching the esoteric and the weird. Join the new Head Archivist, Jonathan Sims, as he attempts to bring a seemingly neglected collection of supernatural statements up to date, converting them to audio and supplementing them with follow-up work from his small but dedicated team.Individually, they are unsettling. Together they begin to form a picture that is truly horrifying because as he looks into the depths of the archives, something starts to look back…
- The Lesser Gods Podcast – Lesser Gods is a soundscaped, shifting perspective, murder mystery podcast
Fanfic Recommendation –
- Of Queens, Knights, and Pawns by chancecraz
- I went to sleep on the worst day of my life and woke to find myself in the past on the second worst day of my life. As experiences go, I don’t recommend it.
- General Leia Organa goes to bed the day her husband Han Solo dies and wakes up in the cargo hold of the Imperial ship bringing her to the Death Star. She has to navigate through her own past to try to prevent the destruction of Alderaan and get the Rebellion on track with the changes she makes to her past. Beautiful characterization of Leia and the ruthless practicality of her later years and wonderful exploration of her relationship with her parents as a young adult and as her older self.
Come join the Freakish Lemon Video Podcast group on Ravelry
Follow me as freakishlemon Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Ravelry
Please remember to Subscribe on YouTube to be notified when I post new episodes