Filmed on 5/11/19
Welcome back from my hiatus! My last episode was mid-January, which was a period of time that culminated in some previously unrealized levels of stress. So if you didn’t see my instagram post about dropping the podcast for a bit, that’s why I haven’t been posting regular episodes here.
Things that have happened since my last episode include —
- Medical nonsense
- Mental health stuff
- Job Stuff – A long-time coworker friend left the job and my supervisor was fired in the same week
- Reading copious amounts of fanfiction
- Started studying witchcraft
- Taking a lot of walks
- Making my own granola bars
- Sleeping a lot
- Curating down my social media and YouTube feeds
- Reorganizing my entire home library
- Schedule? Who dat? I’d like to return to a monthly schedule, but I don’t know if I’m at a place where that is a reasonable expectation.
- Shagbark by Tian Foley – US 8/5.0 mm needles – Classic Elite Yarns MountainTop Blackthorn “Wolf” – gauge is looser than what is described, but I like the fabric so I calc’d what size I would need with the gauge I have – cast on the smallest size.
- Palmer Ribbed Socks v2 – improv pattern – Palmer Family Farm CVM local wool, US 3/3.25 mm Cubics needles
- Halloween shirt wearable muslin – McCall’s M6044 size M/L – modified – black cotton from Affordable Fabrics that I’m not a fan of for quilting and some Halloween fabric details
- Large project bag – plain weave, 12 dent heddle, Ashford 24” loom – scrap yarns. Sewn into a boxed bottom zipper bag.
- Pumpkin Patch handspun – singles done for the #pumpkinMAL
- Rug hooking sampler – Loop by Loop – designed by Sharon Perry
- Granny Stripe Blanket by Lucy/Attic24 – US G/4.25mm hook marling Knit Picks Stroll Fingering in Black with a magic ball of Legacy Fiber Artz minis
- Memory blanket by Georgie Nicolson – US 1 /2.5 mm – fingering weight scraps
- Jyn Erso socks – Must Stash Yarns self striping – US 0/2.0 mm needles – vanilla socks with after through heels
- Palmer Ribbed Socks v3 – improv pattern – Palmer Family Farm CVM local wool, US 3/3.25 mm Cubics needles
- Handspun sweater – Knitting Pattern Essentials by Sally Melville – machine knit LK 150 – Autumn Spinners Hill and Classic Elite Yarns Mohawk Wool
- Comfort Fade Cardi by Andrea Mowry – Once Upon a Corgi Handmade yarns (Queequeg/Briny Beach,Tomorrow I Shall Be Fetterless/Lemony Snicket, Miracles and meatballs/ Ghoul Haunted Woodlands of Weir, Dark as a Crow at Night/ Dying to Burn at the Stake) – US 4/3.5 mm needle
- Rice Fields by Elzbieta Torenc – US 3/3.25mm needles – Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light for Black and Legacy Fiber Artz Hocus Pocus colorways
- Star Wars Aurebesh Sampler Pattern by Adleones
- Brown Cormo Sweater Spin – Ashford Kiwi 2 – finished the singles!
- Mad Color Fiber Arts “Life is Short and You Are Hot” SW Targhee – 2 ply fractal spin
- Greenwood Fiberworks “Mallard” Merino/Stellina – 2 ply fractal spin
- Fall mini-batts drop spindling – with new Turtle Made top whorl drop spindle
- Darth Scabrous mini batts – Turtle Made top whorl drop spindle
- Weaving pattern GW T001 S-XXL from GetWeaving – Sampled yarns, made a muslin, warped the loom, weaving
- Combo Hand/Machine sweaters – I’m starting to get itchy to do circular yoke sweaters, but I want to do all the plain stockinette on the machine
- Sock Tubes – Make an effort to actually get my ribber bed working without giving me all the trouble to make tubes for socks
Stuff I’m Listening To:
- Podcasts from the Non-White Perspective
- Good Ancestor Podcast – interview style from a black perspective
- Unlearned – discussions between two black women
- The Cuts with Sterlin Harjo – interview style from a North American indigenous perspective
- Métis in Space – scifi analysis from a Métis perspective
- The Toasted Sister Podcast – interview style about the indigenous relationship to food and food sovereignty
- All My Relations – American indigenous discussion show
Stuff I’m Reading:
- All Out: The No-Longer-Secret Stories of Queer Teens throughout the Ages – Brilliant and amazing and I loved these stories
- Jailbreaking the Goddess: A Radical Revisioning of Feminist Spirituality by Lasara Firefox Allen – Slow going because of the workshopping nature of this book, but I am enjoying the process
- Magical Destinations of the Northeast: Sacred Sites, Occult Oddities & Magical Monuments by Natalie Zaman – It’s interesting, but there’s something about it that isn’t as compelling as I was expecting? Some of the entries seem too brief to be useful.
- Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham – It’s interesting to put modern Wicca in context, but it’s just confirming that Wicca itself is not what I’m looking for and there’s some dated, problematic language in this book that can turn me off to the actually useful information in this book.
- Natural Color by Sasha Duerr – Very helpful find from my local library
- The Last of the Jedi by Jude Watson – Finally nearing the end of the series!
Come join the Freakish Lemon Video Podcast group on Ravelry
Follow me as freakishlemon Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Ravelry
Please remember to Subscribe on YouTube to be notified when I post new episodes
Transcript below the cut